Did you know there are 3,000 small businesses Certified Green throughout the State of California? Our local program is part of a statewide network of 24 programs that make up the California Green Business Network. The changes we are all making together in small businesses add up to big outcomes:
- Cut $30M each year off business’ utility bills
- Reduced over 800,000 metric tons of greenhouse gas emissions – equivalent to planting 43,583 acres of trees
- Enough kilowatt-hours saved to power 25,000 houses for an entire year
- Over 400,000 metric tons of waste diverted from the landfill
- 124 million gallons of water saved
- Over 28,000 gallons of hazardous waste eliminated
The program is receiving increased interest from the state to help expand our services so all California’s small businesses can receive the assistance and promotion they deserve when they, like you, do the good work of Going Green.