We are looking for a team of volunteers and interns to help grow the Monterey Bay Green Business Program. Are you looking for a summer internship or just looking to volunteer your time for a good cause? Sign-up here for more info!
Our Green Business Volunteer Program Assistants will primarily be responsible for reaching out to small and medium sized businesses to explain the green business program, encourage them to enroll, and help them fill out their application to get Green Business certified. Outreach to targeted businesses will be based on your location within the tri-county region of Santa Cruz, San Benito and Monterey Counties. The Green Business Program is an incentive based certification program to guide businesses toward more sustainable operations. In order for businesses to receive certification, they must register and complete a checklist administered by our jurisdiction partners. You will be trained in simple practices business can do to green their operations so you can help them make changes to reduce their emissions and utility costs.
- Research and contact small to medium sized business owners in target areas to pitch the Green Business Program and encourage them to participate;
- Follow-up with businesses whose Green Business certification has expired to encourage them to renew;
- Identify and participate in community events and functions in order to recruit business owners to the program;
- Participate in meetings with local jurisdiction agency partners to identify their support needs and confirm progress to goal;
Hours and Duration:
- Part-time, approximately 12 hours per week (less or more based around schedule and needs)
- Occasional early mornings and weekend days
- May/June 2018 start time through Spring 2019 (shorter placements can be arranged for example May 2018-August 2018, September 2018-December 2018, January 2019 -March 2019
Required Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Ability to work remotely; self-driven and confident
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook), Google Docs/Sheets, Business Skype
- Ability to troubleshoot and work independently
- Availability to work evenings and some weekend days as necessary
- Enthusiasm for green practices and growing the green economy
- Experience working in sales, environmental public education and/or community organizing
- Familiarity with business community and community leaders in one or more regions of the tri-county region of Monterey, San Benito and Santa Cruz Counties
- Bilingual Spanish language skills not required but preferred
Compensation: Academic course credit, mileage reimbursement and a $100 gift card for achievement of program goals.
Thank you for your interest in joining our dynamic team here at Ecology Action and supporting the growing Green Business network!
For more information sign-up here or contact Brooke Wright, Ecology Action, at firstname.lastname@example.org.