- MAKE SURE YOUR HEATING AND A/C SYSTEMS ARE
OPERATING EFFICIENTLY. Complete regularly scheduled maintenance on your HVAC (heating, ventilation and air conditioning) and refrigeration systems at least twice a year
- USE ENERGY EFFICIENT LIGHTING. Replace all halogen, incandescent, T-12, high-pressure sodium, and metal halide lighting with LEDs
- USE NONTOXIC CLEANING PRODUCTS. Use certified non-toxic laundry, cleaning and building maintenance products in non aerosol containers
- RECYCLE AND COMPOST EVERYTHING YOU CAN. Recycle and compost all materials accepted in your area
- REDUCE AIR POLLUTION AND GREENHOUSE GAS EMISSIONS BY OFFERING EMPLOYEES COMMUTING OPTIONS. Options include providing secure bicycle storage for staff and customers, offering flexible schedules to offset employees from the heaviest commuter traffic etc.
- MAINTAIN YOUR STORM DRAINS. Ensure only rain goes down the drain by cleaning them and never hosing down mats, equipment or vehicles in areas that flow to a storm drain
- KEEP WASTE CONTAINERS COVERED.Ensure rain cannot get into dumpsters or other waste containers. Keep outdoor areas clean and report leaking dumpsters to your waste hauler
- USE LOW FLOW FIXTURES. All sink and shower fixtures should be low flow and have aerators installed
- USE LOW FLOW TOILETS AND URINALS. Most toilets and urinals say that their flush rate somewhere on the tank. Any toilets that flush at a rate higher than 1.6 gallons or urinals at higher than 1.0 gallons will have to be retrofitted or replaced
- SEARCH GREENBUSINESSCA.ORG AND MAKE A PURCHASE FROM A MEMBER. You can filter by location or sector. Share your purchase record with your coordinator
- ENCOURAGE EMPLOYEE PARTICIPATION IN SUSTAINABILITY EFFORTS.
SHARE RECEIPTS WITH US TO GET REIMBURSED UP TO $500 WITHIN 2 WEEKS FOR ANY PURCHASES YOU MADE TO MEET THESE CRITERIA BEFORE OCTOBER 30th