Top 10 Ways to Promote a Green Business
Congratulations on becoming a Certified Green Business! Now that you’ve completed the certification process, you may be wondering how you can begin to promote yourself as a Green Business to current and potential customers. The Monterey Bay Area Green Business Program (GBP) works hard to promote you, but there are many ways in which you can promote yourself.
1) Make sure your GBP Decal is clearly displayed in your storefront.
2) Include the GBP Logo in all your advertising (please contact the GBP to receive a tiff/ jpeg of our logo).
3) If you have a publication that goes out to your customers, write a story highlighting the improvements you put in place to become a Certified Green Business.
4) Include the GBP Logo on your business cards, letterhead and any other outreach materials.
5) Take advantage of reduced rate advertising packages the GBP has set up for print, television and radio advertising (see below for a list of contacts).
6) Partner with other Green Businesses on advertising to cost share.
7) Promote yourself on your own website as a Green Business and be sure you are linked to the Monterey Bay Area Green Business website (www.montereybaygreenbusiness.org).
8) If your business is doing something new and exciting that increases your commitment to going Green send out a press release to local media (the GBP can provide you press contacts for press releases as needed).
9) Many professional associations welcome news and notes of member accomplishments, so promote yourself as a Green Business on their websites and in their newsletters.
10) Utilize existing local events/festivals and partner with local groups to help further publicize your Green Business Certification!
Reduced Rate Advertising
For reduced rate advertising contact the following advertising agents and media company’s directly!
GOODTIMES (Weekly News and Entertainment Magazine)
SANTA CRUZ WEEKLY (Local News, Arts & Entertainment Weekly)
A Green Certified Business that offers discounted media packages to other green businesses.
MONTEREY COUNTY WEEKLY (Media Company)
Monterey County Weekly – itself a Certified Green Business – offers a discounted advertising package for new green businesses. Call 831-394-5656.
SANTA CRUZ SENTINEL (Daily Newspaper)
KSBW-TV,NBC 8; KSBW Weather Plus; KSBW.com
KION, KCBA-TV, FOX 35
ADVENTURE SPORTS JOURNAL